I swim. I bike. I run...usually covered in boogers and crayon.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Where did 2011 go?

Happy Holidays! Already?? I can't believe it. I'm running in the Hot Chocolate 15k tomorrow. I remember back in July seeing it advertised on Facebook. It seemed like ages away! What have I done since then? Well I ran the Montgomery County Parks half marathon on September 11th, the Army Ten Miler on October 9th, an 11k on Veterans Day (11/11/11), and the Alexandria Turkey Trot 5 miler on Thanksgiving day. So I think I covered all of the major holidays with a race. Phew!

My plan tomorrow is to bike over to National Harbor where the race is. There are 20,000 runners and a few thousand parking spaces so I am doing everything I can to avoid THAT insanity. Although riding a bike in the cold at 6am might be equally insane. I guess I am up for the challenge! This race has been hyped up so much around here and I can't wait to see the fondue fountain at the end!

Wish me luck on getting there in one piece! (I'm not even worried about the actual running part.)

No comments:

Post a Comment