I swim. I bike. I run...usually covered in boogers and crayon.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Swim/Bike/Run (Without the Swim)

Sunday, I took a 20 mile bike ride. It was the first time I've been on a bike since we went camping Memorial day weekend 2009. It wasn't bad! I went on a hilly portion of the Mt. Vernon trail that goes along the Potomac river all the way to Mt.Vernon. It was a nice day so the trail was packed with families, bikers (some fast and some painfully slow), walkers, runners, dogs. I nearly clipped someone off of their bike while passing them. Oops! How do you go fast with so many people around?
After I got home from the bike ride, I went out for a run. I didn't know how far I would make it as my legs felt like jell-o and running after biking makes you feel sooooooo slow. I managed to go four miles.
I need to go for a swim sometime soon. I took a masters class last summer and I felt pretty confident at the end but it's been 8 months since then. The triathlon is next weekend and my friends and I are excited for it. I just want to finish it and see if it's something I want to keep doing. But maybe I'll hate it and we'll be able to save a bunch of money :)

No comments:

Post a Comment