I swim. I bike. I run...usually covered in boogers and crayon.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Good afternoon! Well, my foot is still hurting. I made an appointment to see a sports doctor on Friday morning. I know I'm going to be told not to run for weeks, maybe months. *Sigh* I guess my husband may be running that ten miler for me next weekend after all...
In the meantime, I am trying not to gain back all of the weight I lost while training for the marathon. I decided to lift more weights and eat low carb (but still under my caloric limit). My brother is starting the paleo diet today and I've been reading about it and I am curious. I told him I would try. I'm more of an "everything in moderation" person so cutting out entire food groups isn't real appealing to me. But I wonder how my body will react to it. So far today, I've eaten two scrambled eggs for breakfast, some barbacoa for lunch (like the pulled beef from Chipotle but this is homemade and yummmm), and some fruit. I need to buy some veggies from the store. From what I've seen, you should eat half meat and half vegetables with a little bit of fruit and nuts thrown in. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment