I swim. I bike. I run...usually covered in boogers and crayon.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

T Minus 50 Days


There are a mere 50 days before my first marathon. I found out today that the owner of the running store I worked at will be pacing the 4 hour group and of course we discussed running together. Rather, he said, "run it with me!" Ok....This begs the question of...can I run a 4 hour marathon? A 4 hour marathon requires a 9:10 pace. I ran my first half marathon on the same course in 1:50 which is an 8:25 pace so...can I run 13 miles further one minute per mile slower??? Having never run a marathon before, it's hard to say. There are so many variables like hills, weather, starting out too fast (though running with a pace group would help with that), anything, really. I am afraid I am venturing into the unknown (for me) and all I can do is train my best and run my hardest.
Oh and did I mention that it is supposed to rain all day on Saturday? 18 miles in the rain. Running. Well, it beats running in August heat. (Yes, it does. Trust me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment