I swim. I bike. I run...usually covered in boogers and crayon.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Rest Day

Hellooooo Friday!! I love Fridays for several reasons. First, it is the only day of the week I am not required to exercise. No dvd videos, weight classes, running, vacuuming (ok...just kidding about that one). Second, my husband has every other Friday off in something the federal government likes to call "regular day off" which means he works an extra hour every day to have one day off every two weeks and today happens to be one of those days. Third, my husband resumes weekend duty which basically means I don't have to change another diaper until Monday (and he is off this Monday!) So, yea, Fridays are pretty awesome.
It will be an early bedtime tonight since I would like to be finished running by 11am which means I need to start around 8am and wake up in time to fuel and dress--a tech shirt, tech pullover, tights, shoes/socks, earwarmer, gloves, knee strap, fuel belt, GUs, keyfob for the building, camera (you never know!!), ID, pepper spray (again, you never know!) ipod and headphones. I prefer not to wear a watch these days. I figure if I'm not sprawled out in the road, I am going fast enough for me.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Knee strap? I have patellar tendinitis in my left knee and it holds my kneecap in place.
    GU is just gel with calories and electrolytes. It comes in little packets.

    ReplyDelete