I swim. I bike. I run...usually covered in boogers and crayon.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Another Week Down...Almost.


Despite running on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and tonight, I still feel like I'm slacking. I think it was because I rested yesterday when I normally run long on Wednesday. I decided because of the five inches of snow we got to stay inside last night.

When I went to the gym tonight to run, I taped my foot to see if that would help my possible neuroma and it didn't hurt at all! So that's my unattractive foot up there. Yea, it's pretty, right? I wish I could say my big toenail suffered a casualty of running but...no. One fine afternoon in October, I was looking for a Phillips screwdriver to replace the batteries in one of The Baby's toys. I reached up onto a shelf in our hall closet to pull down a toolbox and a big, huge metal tape measure slid off the top of the box and landed square on my toe. Immediately, I knew it was bad. Let's just say it was messy, we spent five hours in the ER, and ultimately the toe had to come off with three stitches occupying the nailbed. The day I had a c-section, I tried to stand up straight and let's just say this hurt worse (Ok...maybe not. They both suck, though.)

Now I'm trying to gear up for the 17 miler on Saturday. Can I just say real quick: UUUUGGGGHHHHH.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment