I swim. I bike. I run...usually covered in boogers and crayon.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

17 Weeks Down, 1 To Go


I'm running again! Yesterday, the three of us ran 3 miles. We ran to the running store down the street so I could pick up a few things like Gu and a new knee strap. Today, I ran 8.5 miles and it was pretty comfortable but I was still relieved when I got home. Running 26.2 miles still seems pretty daunting to me right now. My plan is to walk through the water stops so I'm sure I'll keep telling myself "just get to the next stop." They're every 2 miles so hopefully it won't be TOO painful.

On another note, I am creating a shirt for my one year old daughter to wear during the race. Any ideas on what it should say? I'm thinking along the lines of "Run Mommy Run" on the front and then maybe something funny on the back (like "Full Marathon, Full Diaper"). Haha. I probably won't get around to making it until later in the week so let me know if you have any thoughts.

Enjoy your Saturday night!

1 comment:

  1. 360 days + 5 = My 1st birthday!
    360 degrees = 26.2 miles!
    Mommy's 1st Marathon

    ReplyDelete