I swim. I bike. I run...usually covered in boogers and crayon.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Keep Calm and Ice Away

Must...not...freak...out. So I've been to the chiro three times in the past three days. I still have a dull ache in my lower back. I have been icing three times a night. The marathon is in 8 days. It hurts. My hip hurts. I will need to have 28 appointments before I am healed. What will I do about the marathon?!? OMG. The thought of not running it or not completing it just brings me way down. I know that long term being healthy is far better and blah blah blah. That will make me feel warm and fuzzy in about a year but right now it just sucks. I have the OK to run. I am not going to do any more damage; it's just the pain that is, well, a pain. Since the weather here tomorrow will be in the 70s and I haven't gotten much exercise this week, I plan on taking the baby in the jogger for a few miles and based on that, I will decide if I will run the 8 miles on Saturday.
I can't believe this is happening. The problem I anticipated having at this point is my left knee (I have patellar tendonitis or "runner's knee") and even it doesn't hurt.
I know...whine, whine, whine. I think I need some wine to go with my whine.

No comments:

Post a Comment