I swim. I bike. I run...usually covered in boogers and crayon.

Friday, March 25, 2011

I'm Running 26.2 Miles Tomorrow!!


Holy cluster, Batman. I'm glad I don't have a full time job that I had to rush back to because, unless you have all day, you don't have time to pick up your packet for the National Marathon. It opened at 11am and I got there at 11:30 to MASSIVE lines outside of the DC Armory. I waited and waited and waited outside in the cold and--tada--you have to go through a security check. So that's why it took so long. I got inside and found some friends and we went to our respective packet pickup lines--mine for the full (which was a significantly smaller section of lines) and them to the half. But, alas, why are we being pushed around and why can't I seem to stay in my line? Oh, because they have the late registration lines perpendicular to the marathon packet lines. So there were a dozen lines going in all directions. What the heck? If you are claustrophobic, you would have freaked. In yet another line, I picked up my shirt. Now, I ran the half marathon in 2009 and loved the shirts we got. They were brightly colored, easy to read, and the back said "13.1 FINISHER". THAT'S what you want in a race shirt--simplicity and a feeling of "look what I did!" Well the shirts are white, have nothing on the back other than the sponsors, and the front is just a busy scene of words, numbers, some fuzzy picture of the Capitol dome, and in small, tiny letters "26.2 finisher." What the heck? I should design race shirts for a living. Hmph.
So I guess I'm all set. Clothing. Check. Bib. Check. Headband that says "I thought they said RUM". Check. Alright...I guess I'm ready. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment